Saturday, October 5, 2019

Keep it legal

Water is down.  Out at the laundromat.  Off course I forgot detergent and then proceed to use the slots there and by bleach by mistake.  Good times!  Dog almost 13.  Does what she wants.  Eats the plants. Tosses up for grins.  Hey I want to hang outside, but please let me back in in 7 minutes.  Can I eat 2 hours early today?  Classic.

Got in 349.5 miles for September.  Missed my last PM run on 9/30.  Was a tad under the weather for a couple days.  Trying to not run too much on this short taper.  This coming 50 miler I’ve heard can be a lonely one with only about 40 runners.  It is an out and back.  We have 7 opportunities for aid so a bit spread out.  Only know one other guy entered.  Though I’ll know the majority of the helpers at aid stations which is nice.

The plan is to twinkle toe down to the turn in about 4:30.  Repeat on the way back and see if there is a person or two to chase after.  A 4:40 return time will yield a 9:10 finish which is the goal.  Eleven minute miles.  Hope being 58 keeps me disciplined and not channeling visions of grandeur early on.  The current weather looks partly cloudy with a low of 36F and a high of 46F.  That could be some good running weather.

I have some medical stuff to attend to in a couple weeks.  Nothing major, but I believe they want me fairly docile for a couple weeks.  I guess.  After I am back up and at it I would like to consider the next adventure.  Be nice to try something new.  I’ve also kind of starting thinking of a marathon (race) when I turn 60.  Why not?  Just need to stay away from getting busted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment