Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Juice is loose

In Sunset Boulevard we see how life plays out for an aging stage queen.  The scenario plays out fairly regularly for many in some ways.  Pain reminded me this week of what are you doing that makes it so important to beat on me and do these grandiose movements?  There is not a good answer.  Of what importance is it to go to the mattresses to try and run 30 seconds a mile faster for 5 miles?  What does this pay?  It pays nothing, but does have a cost.  I'm pretty sure when I look at my entire biological profile and trajectory that channeling Naftali Temu ain't gonna happen.  It's over.  Go try and enjoy running for the sake of running as much as you can.  Maybe go see a Doctor and see what the deal is with the hip/back.  The internet can't solve everything and even if it could you won't know because you just read stuff.


I'm still basically going to run about everyday I can, but the idea there is one last big one out there is gone.  I only have so much peanut butter to spread across that sandwich everyday.  I'll race Al's on 9/14.  I'll power jog the Glacial 50k in October.  Finally, if the ultra sirens smile upon me and I get into Big's Backyard Ultra on October 19th then I'll lay it all out one final time.  Currently I am 17th on the wait list.  I'll be ready.  Pack a lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment