Thursday, July 4, 2019

Fort Nuts

I remembered that I am about 17th on the wait list for Big's Backyard on October 19th.  I've averaged about 150 miles the past few months.  I better start looking to double that mileage.  Did I say double mileage?  Is that by Fort Nuts?  I check in regularly and there is a lot of movement on the list.  The true runners.  The ones winning other Backyard events for Golden Tickets into Big's are being added to the race.  I'm just hoping to dumb into this thing.  Having said that, I best be prepared to stumble bum around for a long time.  I'm not someone with a resume that smacks of "distance king."  I have finished a total of one 100 miler.  I'm hoping this is something different.  Most of us want to believe we are special is some unforeseen way at something.  I signed up for this thing so if I get in I better be able to save face.  My goal would be to go as long as I could.  Not sure how that will play out at 58 years old, but for now it sounds better than doing any fast running.  Is that by Fort Nuts as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment