Saturday, February 13, 2021

Forget it Jake

2020 was a year of firsts. I finished with 3,528.7 miles, ran 451.7 miles in February, had a 120 mile week, and had my longest training run of 43 miles. The reason was because I was signed up for a last man standing event. That never happened. Now I don't know a lot about how metrics work today. I know I have a watch I selected for my 35th anniversary in 2019 that keeps track of everything. I like it because it tracks distance and time. It also has an extremely long battery life. As one can imagen it tracks sleep, heart rate, steps, stress, etc. I just found it tracks fitness level of which mine is 29.7 out of 100. When I hit the Major Tom control panel for age equivalence it says I'm 79. So I have that going for me. I am capable of carrying a 200+ heart rate for a very long time, so I'm going to grab my Dolphin race shorts from '77 and see if I can break 14:00 in the 5k around the lake here. It just all seems plausible now. I mean I also do toe crunches, so on a good day without snow maybe I could achieve a mid-pack 5000 time from the '72 Olympics. We are all so better than that now. I am so close to the end of the tunnel I can reach my hand out into the light. Curious as to what is out there. I know music from The Band won't be playing. Probably tough to find a decent chili dog. I might chuck my phone. The wife will have one. "You going huntin'." "Only if'n I lose somethin'." Maybe those cool tunes from the Charlie Brown days will be around. "What's your dogs name." "Gene or Steve."

No comments:

Post a Comment