Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Orange Blossom Special

 We arrived Friday afternoon to our permanent home in Inverness, Florida.  This is way different country and living arrangements from the 1984-1997 era.  That tour was Palm Beach County and I watched them build all the way out to the Everglades.  I went back once in 2004 for a job interview.  That was that.  We just did not have a taste for it.

 We bought a quarter acre in 1989 in Port St. Lucie with hopes of maybe building there.  That never came to fruition.  Now there is at least one gopher tortoise den on the property and they have more rights than I do.  Everybody twist, or better yet At the Hop by The Juniors.  Was that Danny Rapp?  That was my Mom’s era.  She graduated high school in the 60’s and I in the 70’s.  You read that correctly.

 I did my last big weekend of running last week, 4 weeks out from Ice Age.  Ran 17 Saturday and the 27.2 on Sunday.  I’m old and big, but I’m confident I will get number 20 in that day.  Hope to keep coming back, but one never knows.  I have turned the page.  This is my last Eddie the Eagle run at life.  There is much to do here, plus I want to get a job.  Inflation has made me rethink a few scenarios.  Such is life.  Been here before.  My favorite president of all time is Jimmy Carter.  You read that correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment