Monday, February 27, 2023

Instant lunch

 I have been progressing well.  I was fairly convinced the pinched nerve in the back was the end of me.  My left leg is still a bit numb, but not enough to impinge training.

 I have simplified training.   I cover 6.3 miles 6 days a week and the long run Saturday.   Put in 55.1 miles last week.   On Tuesday and Thursday I light out on a tempo run.  Generally 2-4 miles and keep the weekly tempo total to 6 miles for now.  Because there is no pressure to hit certain times the effort is challenging, but worth it.  I actually averaged 8:37 on the last 4 miler.

 I am also working on weight reduction.   The goal is at least 172.  Started at 185 and at 181 now I see a difference.  I try and get in most of the calories alloted.  If I go to low then I'm about ready to go back to the Way of the Fist Track Club.  

 Bought a new pair of Hoka Clifton's.  I like them and all, but the 13's are definitely a clown show. Managed 11:35 pace in them for 17.2 on 50/50 trail/pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment