Saturday, March 23, 2024

The 4 rail fence

 The past week I contemplated not running Ice Age.  I received a bit of wisdom from Spider and State Champ.  The event is 7 weeks from today.  So out I went today after light walking, a bit of slow jogging, and Friday off this week. I covered 21 miles in @ 12:29 pace.  All of it jogging.  The last 4 miles were difficult and I was in the mid 13’s the last couple of miles.

 I checked in at 182 pounds.  I only took water.  On the next effort I believe I will conduct a run/walk sequence and take in calories.  I am setting a goal to be at 172 pounds for Ice Age.  Now it is calorie counting time.

 There is no sound plan as it seems dependent on my energy level.  I went to the Doc for the kidney discomfort and they think it may be muscular.  They gave me some type up muscle relaxer, but I only pop that before racking.

 So don’t dance on my grave yet.  My hope is this is not being right at the cutoffs all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment