Saturday, March 2, 2019

Get me my uniform

The running I do with the folks is pretty good with the exception there ain't many left.  What was largely a weekly event years ago on the trails, has turned into a Jack London short story.  People are taking hits to the solar plexus in droves.  "Damage report Mr. Sulu!"  Busted knees, backs, ankle sprains, hip replacements, oldness, and dang it, even transitions into skiing and biking.  Some even have the temerity to stop running.

For whom the bell tolls a poem
(No man is an island) by J
ohn Donne
 
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
 
There was a time when I believed I would get to 25 Ice Age finishes, but I think I'm going to
be happy with 20 if I can get there.  On a personal front I would like to be in a position to
retire after my 20th Ice Age in the summer of 2021.  I turn 60 that year in September.  It
would be time to purchase the pop up camper and wander the earth.  "You going huntin'."
"Only in if I lose somethin'." 
 
I was treated to a nice solo run this week at the crack of dawn.  Very few cars and the wind
whistling across the open fields and through the trees.  I kicked up a bunch of crows from one
tree and they jumped up and quickly circled back after they discovered he's lucky to be doing
10:30s.  I shrugged their lack of respect off and kept flying.
 
2/24 AM = 13K (19 mph winds w/ 40 mph gusts)
2/25 = OFF
2/26 PM = 8k w/ 4 x 880y (3:18) w/ .25 jog on TM
2/27 AM = 9K
2/28 AM = 7K w/ 2m in 6:58 and 6:54 w/ surges on TM
2/28 PM = 11.6K @ Menomonee Park with Dewey, Tim, and Robert
3/1   AM = 10.4K
3/2   AM = 26K @ Menomonee Park half w/ Tim in 2:45:44
TTL = 85K (52.785 miles)
 
 
 
                              
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment