Saturday, March 27, 2021

Not bad for 2 weeks work

 Training has been different as of late.  Running faster has finally taken its toll, but I guess this was already known.  It does an excellent job of making one tired.  The plan will remain the same, but the paces are being dialed back substantially.  The stride rate is still being worked on.  Small improvements have been made, though there is some doubt reaching 180 per minute will happen.  I have went from about 152 to 160.  Today it was 162 at 10:26 pace.  That was with trying to make an effort towards improvement.  My best result was at 170.  That was closer to sub 8:30 pace.  Also this is primarily on the roads.  The trails require a different technique.  Less shuffle and more high stepping.  At least on the Ice Age trail.

Really enjoyed a 21.5 mile run this past Sunday with Angela, Tina, Brenda, and Nicole.  They were on there second day of running a 50k.  We moved well.  I was fairly waxed for a couple days.  It is so nice to just move along.  No pressure.  Enjoy getting out.  I kind of miss piling up the 70-80 mile weeks.  It was all super slow (yes I know 10:30 is slow), probably between 12-13 a mile when by myself.  But...it is also nice to change things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment