Sunday, December 12, 2021

The 306 acre woods

 I discovered in early November the Boys and Girls Club by me has passes to use the trails and roads on the property.  I had the whole thing staked out in a week.  It opens up a whole new variety of runs.  The camp has much mature woodland and a marsh area with a boardwalk through it.  It also borders Lake Keesus and is full of unpressurized wildlife.  There are a few rolling hills, but no major climbs.

 In particular there are two areas (outside of the paved entrances on both sides) one can sneak out to the rural roads in the area.  It is fairly easy to cobble together a variety of routes of the 3-5 mile range and mostly stay in the camp.  I’ve been out there about 20 times and have not seen one other person using the grounds.  I’ve only seen the occasional maintenance gentleman on the golf cart.  It also appears someone drives the back areas daily just to check on the cabins.

 The beauty of it for me is the solitude.  Unless you are one which seeks out this type of endeavor it is difficult to explain the airing out of other solid waste which can accumulate.  Sometimes I don’t want to quite go back yet, but I still answer to the man.  After awhile the answering and yes sir, yes sir, three bags full stuff gets old.  And I’m just not talking about work.

Any way the text have come in about getting in an effort with the boys around lunch.  Always happy to steal another one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment