Thursday, December 16, 2021

The damage done

 I have come to the realization that lining up and finishing the Ice Age 50 mile in 2022 is going to be a real challenge.  As it stands now, there is a no way I can train properly with a bum Achilles.  There is no major pain as I walk about 6.5 miles daily, but the small distances I try and shuffle are slow and awkward.  They also leave the area tender.  It quickly goes away after a day, but I am gun shy to try begin jogging again.  I can’t walk Ice Age in under 12 hours.

 My problem is me of course.  I know What I should be doing.  I also know what other cross training could be considered.  It is hard not to go out daily for an effort and many times twice a day.  We are all told when we can’t do this anymore.  Maybe my time is here.  I have a few ideas to make this work.  Of course I do.  It is not the way I want to go about preparing, but I still want to lick the mustard out of the jar one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment