Sunday, March 13, 2022

Frank Sutton

 I was tired during the week and pretty much just went through the motions.  Did nothing at a faster pace.  No run on Friday and Crawford and I aimed for 20 on Saturday on a cold/windy day.  Enthusiasm was low at 6:30am.  Really convinced myself if I could get this in then Ice Age holds nothing over me.

 Heading straight out on the Drumlin we went directly into the wind.  We brought nothing with us and just did an out and back for 20.3 miles.  Made a stop at a coffee shop off the trail at 7.5 miles and I just drank water out of the bathroom sink while people looked at us like we were Sandinista’s.  They were the beautiful people.  The ones actually making a huge difference in America.  I’m just grateful to gather up the crumbs that fall through the grating.  Crawford got even though and took a handful of breath mints before she left.  It said they were complimentary.  So with 40 extra calories available for her we powered out to the turn and headed back with an 11-12 minute negative split.

 I’m all for the gear available today.  I don’t have much of it because after 45 years of running it basically wasn’t used.  Until last year I borrowed head lamps.  A few years ago at Ice Age, John Jenk who is like 11 years older than me were at about mile 12 when this guy asked about how we run without carrying a bottle.  I said on cooler years we pick one up about halfway.  I don’t want to be carrying a gas tank around.  Stand aside.  Can’t you see we have the damn ballgame on here?

 Dewey, Tim, and I did an easy 7.2 today on the freshly covered trails.  It was nice to just be in motion.  Always good conversation.  Generally there is always a consensus on how to fix something.  In my case after I have George Lindsay’d it.  That’s who played Goober…correct?  Otherwise I’ll have to wait until Tuesday to ask the boys.

 About 55 easy miles this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment