Saturday, March 12, 2022

The Four Tops

 Going to trudge out and meet Crawford for 20 today.  Cold and windy.  We will go do the paved Fox loop of 10.2 and then do a similar distance out on the paved Drumlin and back.  If it is not in bad shape we may sneak in some of the trail up on the lollipop.

 Just going through the motions.  I should say the dog and I are both going through the motions.  Sometimes she shows flashes of brilliance, but those are largely when she starts bugging you 1.5 hours before eating time and anytime it looks like you might be interested in letting her outside.  I guess that works.  Go outside equals 3 minutes x 10 times = 30 minutes of activity primarily of sniffing around.  When we get to Florida the hope is consistent walking.  I think we would all prefer this.

 My watch lies to me.  I am fairly confident in the distance and time ratios it puts together, but all the other endless stuff is useless.  Pretty sure I’m not operating at 207 beats per minute on harder runs.  If you have interest in counting steps then shoveling snow racks them up.  My fitness age is all over the map.  Someone told me they had a concern because their watch tells them they need 109 hours of recovery.  It’s all crap.  Again, like most anything else you see or hear.  

 I have about 50 work days left.  Not quite sure what my new career will be.  I talked to a lady at Ace Hardware about her job.  She likes it, but they can’t get enough people to come in and fill hours.  For years I would routinely stop at McDonald’s when on the road.  It’s still amazing how stupid I am.  Many times I will get all the way to the door to see the no inside service sign.  Okay.  If people don’t work how do they get cash to participate in society?  I spoke to Bernadette at Walmart last night.  She was taking a break to go outside and burn one.  It was a short convo, and she was wore out.  I asked her what age group you have to be in to Rep that name.  She said the cool one.  So there’s always that.  She wasn’t wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment