Saturday, March 19, 2022

The fighter still remains

 I am on my third day of being holed up with the dog in a hotel room.  Though she is 15 it doesn’t stop her from coming over continually and giving me the what is going on look.  I take her out about every 1.5 hours for a spritzer and a shake down.  Socially she is not aware of body placement and quite frankly I guess I haven’t been much of my life either.

 So it began Thursday when the wife said we have 8 showings the first day the house is listed Friday.  There is also open houses on Saturday and Sunday.  Great.  I’ll take the dog and you figure out the Guinea pigs.  

 The realtor said the comments mention the neighbor still having a lot of Christmas decorations up across the street.  Have people not lived in neighborhoods for a while?  Wait to they hear the gun club a couple days a week.  Better yet the chickens.  Barnaky! He owes me money.

 While out today on a dog stroll we came across an older lady who could not get her huge sheep dog named Sweet Tango into the SUV.  The dog has anxiety I’m told.  When I inquired what the solution was I soon found out it was me.  Now my dog needs help getting into my truck and she fights you on it.  She does not like the feel of her body leaving earth without her being in charge.  That’s the best I can explain it.  So after Sweet Tango and I sniffed out one another I body snatched her in one movement.  She was way heavier than anticipated with all that hair I came up just a bit short.  Of course you’re all in by that point so I just kept pushing and heaving until it was done.  Everyone seemed happy so I untied Cookie, stood in the rain and talked about our life plans and finally bid adieu.  It was a good meeting for all of us and I sincerely mean that.  

 Hope to run 7 easy tonight and risk about 15 on the trails tomorrow.  Not sure with all that’s going down this will happen, but that is my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment