Saturday, April 22, 2023

A pound of dutch loaf please

 3 weeks out from Ice Age and I went with the long run option.  Used the house as the aid station and went 7 x 4.5 mile segments for 31.5 miles.  Ran roads and did no walking.  I only timed the running.  Averaged 11:30 per mile and went through the marathon in 5:02:45 (26.22) and the 50k (31.1) in 5:58:05.  When I finished it was 85 degrees and I was waxed.  I was powered by water with some salt in it, a peanut butter sandwich and coffee.  I only carried a bottle on the last loop.  That was my bottle practice session.

 I will cut back about 12-15 miles from my average week next week.  I'll continue to do a couple turnover workouts each week until the run.  If it is cooler on race day the plan is to just jog as it comes, walk the hills, and be conscious of walking more than I normally would.  I always talk myself into running half the hill and towards the end I'm lunch meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment