Friday, September 23, 2022

What floats on water?

 Affirmative Ghost Rider, the eagle has landed.  Today I indeed spotted 2 separate Belted Kingfisher's.  They are a bit larger than I first perceived.  Saw the other typical giant egret, great blue heron, ibis, sand hill cranes, limpkin,  and various ducks I have yet to identify.  The anhinga were not present today.  Must have been fishing.  I saw a pretty good size dark bird up in a tree, but he was too far to get to.  Might have to start bringing the binoculars. 

 Was off today, so most of the exercise was working in the yard.  It's amazing how the day rolls by.  I'm enjoying a cold one.  A Miller High Life in a frozen pint glass.  I like a pinch of salt in mine.  If I play my cards right the wife might let me have a second one.  

 A red shouldered hawk just flew over.   The neighbor is concerned it wants her little dog.  Probably has not watched The Holy Grail.  Not familiar with weight ratios and the ancient art of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment