Wednesday, August 2, 2023

#2 Mepps

 A husk of my former self.  Today I was pounding miles at 13 minute + pace w/o any walking.   One day the dream becomes a task and then an effort, quickly followed by who stole my cheese.  50 mile weeks literally are like 90 mile weeks without any benefits. 

 Yes I could jumble it all around and run fewer miles.  I could have better workouts and see improvements.  I could use kayaking, biking, and a bit of swimming to fill the gaps, but all that seems cowardly.

 Running, or getting in miles is better for me.  It keeps me humble.   I burn mucho calories, and if gives you grisle.  Hold my beer.

 Tired.  Getting worked.  In less than 2 weeks I'll be making calls from Alabama to Minnesota.  Did I mention I am in Florida?  I'm not that bright evidently.  

 Can't wait for the week in the Boundary Waters.  Walleye as big as your leg.  Sleeping on the ground again and surviving without Captain Crunch and Hamburgers.   What are we doing?  Nothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment