Saturday, August 12, 2023

Above the enameled plain

 I am 39th on the Long Haul 100 wait list.  Just enough motivation to get me to train a little.  I am tired.  The one power that drains my enthusiasm to get out the door.  Do not fear I watched Underdog as a kid.

 I have identified these fast little birds eating insects and occasionally dipping for a taste of water as swifts.  I'm thinking Chimney Swift.  Look them up, an interesting read.

 Going to aim for 3 hours today.   Regular temps at 94-95 all week.  I've noticed when trudging along birds have not entered my mind.  Today I will try and identify 10 if possible and report back.  I am not good with small birds not around feeders.  Currently we do not operate a bird feeder because of the varmints.   

 If the Pirates could get in the habit of not letting up 2-4 runs in the first inning every other game I might occasionally stay up past 8pm.

 When my kids ask me what I want this year for Christmas it will be Pirate shirts.  Mine are ratty from constantly running in them and blowing down chili dogs and wings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment