Sunday, February 13, 2022

I’ve got a picture of you

 I was able to get out yesterday and enjoy a solid Wisconsin winter run.  Blending together road and off road sections provided a nice variety of terrain and footing.  A couple today is coming over to look at our house and I am hoping to get out soon after and enjoy nothing more than a simple run.  Yesterday on what is a seldom traveled trail in Monches Park I came up on two labs who were all over me.  They couldn’t wait to see me.  We jumped around for a wee bit until the owners became aware of the situation.  It was a pleasant interlude on the run.

 I weighed myself this morning and was at 180.  It will be work to get to 170, but I’ll try and keep after it.  Just keeping notes daily on the number of calories you are consuming keeps you on top of it.  The process is a bunch of transactions through the day.  Some good and some bad.  I certainly don’t always win the battle, but letting me out on the loose is untenable for me.  I eat many subs through the week.  What happens is I typically choose the lower calorie one.  At times if the bread is easily removed then I’ll cut a bit there.  I will skip the chips, or on some occasions bring a bag that’s about 150 calories with me.  In the past I set a base number of daily calories and the added the calories I burned on top of that from my run or walk.  Now I just set a daily goal that is the same.

 I have 3.5 months left at my current job.  Trying to wrap up all that goes with that is at times mentally exhausting.  Thinking about the future to me is challenging as I have no idea how things will go.  I’m not the only entity involved as we have Cookie and the two Guinea Pigs named Mr. Heasy and the little guy.  Don’t ask, I just go along with the deal.  They are also known as Mr. Butt and Gary.

 Sounding like a broken record, but the idea of just getting out and enjoying a daily effort will probably not happen in my brain until things get grim.  The act of having an event or race in the future and moving all the parts successfully to complete this goal will not go away.  I think you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment