Saturday, July 1, 2023

High cheese

 If you have not seen the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson it is definitely worth the watch.  I have watched it several times and as a sports fan you still find yourself cheering for Bo.  But as we know, Bo is very seriously injured.  He will not play football again, but does return to Major League Baseball.

 Mike Greenberg comments that occasionally you would see the old Bo, the flashes of brilliance, but it wasn’t always there.  This is how running is now for me without any flashes of brilliance.  There appear to be two paths to follow.  Go out and lumber around and chase mileage, or rest more and introduce efforts which represent something like an actual run.

 Lumbering around is any combination of walking/jogging ending up producing miles at 11:00-13:30 pace.  A common effort of 6.5 miles takes 1:20:00.  Efforts feeling like a run are around 10:00 a mile, but they extract a cost.  During my last training I was able to get near 8:00’s for 6 miles and close to 7:30’s for 3 miles.  I like those because a lot of time isn’t eaten up.

Hey I have to get something done I’ll return back to this in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment