Saturday, September 16, 2023

Get my mind right

 "That's the way he wants it, that's the way he gets it."

 "Some men you just can't reach."

 "I never planned anything my whole life."

 "No one can eat 50 eggs."  "Well, it'll be something to do."

 I could go on and on with Cool Hand Luke.  The movie is an all-time favorite.  Here is a guy out pushing the limits.  Perhaps stupidly at times which is why I can relate.  Sometimes you draw inspiration from these types of films.  If I am going to try and do a 100 miler then it will be with my own methods.

 The tried and true method is mileage.  It is difficult to hit big numbers because I'm slow.  What if I said this has got to change?  Why do I need to train waggling ass slow all the time?  There is some reserves down in there and I'm going to try and pull it back out.  Now for me, busting it out is sub 11:00.  I guess the idea is to enhance the levers and stock items the best possible.  Why not aim for some sub 10:00 pace running?

 Today 15.2 was planned.  After 3 miles I settled in at 12:32 - 12:42 pace with no walking, by 4.5 I was tiring and got po'd.  So I lit it up a bit and this kick started me to sub 11:00 average the rest of the way.  I have to find a way to benefit from all this time I'm out there.  I'll still do slow days...heck I have to, but if you ain't blastin' you ain't lastin'.  


No comments:

Post a Comment