Monday, September 4, 2023

The March King

 So nice to have a long weekend.  My sister and brother-in-law will be here Tuesday for a couple days.  So looking forward to a good visit.  They would like to move back to Florida in the next few years.  Personally, I really enjoy it here.  Yes, it is over the top warm and muggy for 3 months of the year, but like anywhere you forge through.  We are just coming into the more pleasant weather.

 I found a little out and back lollipop loop of 5.5 miles.  It's the mundane events that make running interesting.   Now in relationship to dogs.  Some carry on and never modify their behavior, some participate more actively because of the other dogs, but very infrequently do they get used to the idea that dudes okay.  I'm talking about dogs behind fences when both running and kayaking.  One house has 3 dogs with a dog door to the backyard.   If the boxer is there alone he will let you slide, but buddy once the Bassett, or mop dog come out it is game on.  The boxer only barks to claim first sight victory.  I've witnessed it many times.  

 The 100 has a 2 loop practice event on 9/30.  First loop daylight and second at night.  I'll see if I can get down and check the course out.  So I did 11.1 miles Saturday mostly doing .37 mile jog and .13 mile walk.  I probably averaged 12:50 per mile.  I ran the entire 3rd mile and did a 12:06.  Currently this holds excessive running at this point is not beneficial.   I am working to amend this some, but this is what I monitor.  Where is the sweet spot?  I won't be straight running in this event at all.  What are the workable mixes and what factors determine to slow up or add more walking to decrease heart rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment