Sunday, September 24, 2023

Freedom came my way one day

64.0 miles last week on 10 efforts.  17.2 mile at 13:00 pace doing the .37 mile jog and .13 mile walk sequence was the long run.

I'm planning on 2 loops next Saturday on the Long Haul 100 course.  One in the day and one at night.  It is a planned event. 

My blood numbers are up in the normal range.  I suspected as such as the miles are 1:00 per mile faster and I am recovering a bit better.

The goal next Saturday is move along similar to the 100 mile pacing plan, but a bit faster so it does not feel like forever and a day.

I put way more training time into this that it could possibly be worth.   Problem is that I can't do everything that makes sense.  I'm certainly not a perfectionist,  but the youthful me no longer exists so I can't just outrun the coverage like before.  

Everyday is a good day to slowly wean myself off the gadgets.   I spent too many of my living years without them.   The pull is strong as everything seems conditioned to use electronics.  I have been hoodwinked.  

"Lively up yourself and don't be a drag."


No comments:

Post a Comment