Saturday, September 2, 2023

Rappin' Duke

 Da-ha Da-ha.

 Recently completed the Boudary Waters trip with State Champ.  Lots of canoeing, fishing, and trying to stay dry.  Having the ultra mentality becomes useful.  Challenging at times, but many many moments of wonder happen.  One cannot just see it on TV, or whatever medium people use today.  Like Cool Hand Luke said, "Everyone quit feeding off me.  Get out there and see it for yourselves!"

 I am now 33rd on the Long Haul 100 wait list and Crawford is 46th.  Race is January 13th.  I just pulled up the cargo bay door.  Conjunction junction what's your function?  Let me spin you a tale.

 It is 6 x 16.6 mile loops of trail.  It is going to be one gigantic math problem for me as I experiment with jog/walk strategies.   I am employing the one weekly long run and the other 6 days the aim is to do doubles averaging 10 miles a day.  There will be the occasional rest day, or evening off, but everything else I need to accomplish will be in this simple plan.  I may find another ultra prior to for a sample taste of the fruits of the effort.

 I'd like to be thin and approach 165.  I'm currently at 176.  I count calories so nothing to explain.   I will also do some light stretching now and then.  I'm going to try push-ups and situps as well.

 I'm not into carrying anything if necessary so I will study the aid stations.  If there are 4 chances for aid per loop then basically a hand held and salt tabs.  I practice tanking so I don't always have to have a bottle if not to warm.  

 I sweat a lot so I will have to consider shoe and clothing changes.  Potentially I can go bare chested which seems out of sorts in this day and age.  My sister commented to me looking at photos of the Ice Age 50 mile that basically it was almost exclusively old guys going shirtless.  I'm twisted steel so no problemo.

 September all ready.  Maybe after my chores I'll go fishing later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment