Monday, October 16, 2023

Chicken on the hill

 In the pre-dawn hours I set out on the morning jaunt.  Not expecting much in the way of limberness I settled early on an easy effort.  The .31 jog and .19 walk was employed and after 2:13:28 I was back at the crib with 10.3 miles in the bank.

 The morning was cool here at 58F.  Quite pleasant.   I now wear a headlamp so oncoming vehicles are sure to give me an extra 17" of space.  It is not totally uncommon for someone to flash the high beams several times to get my attention.   Maybe the gesture is indicating that they see me.

 Expecting this will be my last attempt at 100 miles.  I constantly remind myself this is unnecessary.   There is nothing to be gained.  So why do it?  Because a handful of vets let me know if you think you can, do it now.  After a half dozen years this is that period in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment