Sunday, October 15, 2023

Ruby throated sparrow

- 19th on the 100 mile wait list.

- Focusing on time on feet and working on a very conservative pacing strategy. 

- At the training run on the course it is easy to see many folks either have no concept of pacing, are going to have to suffer more than they will be able to tolerate, and have forgotten how far 100 miles is.  All of these I have been and will be guilty of, but am trying to exercise wisdom. 

- 80.2 miles this week on 6 efforts.

- I continue to harbor thought of going as minimal as possible.  Look, it appears there will be 4 chances to get aid on the 16.7 mile loop.

- I ran 4:40 time wise Saturday.   I ate nothing before or during.  I stopped 3 times at the vehicle to drink about 20 ounces of water each time.  I had no electrolyte assistance.   I did subscribe to the use of some Vaseline.   I'm going to have to start practicing adding these.  It is all mostly nonsense,  but necessary.   

- I'm going to change socks, shoes, and shirts if I need to wear any.

- I finally spotted the wood stork.  Massive birds.  There were 12 in a tree on a real foggy day.   Quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment