Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Cripple Creek

 It was another cold one yesterday morning and as I often do on Tuesday the day was divided up into two runs.  The Achilles has not been a problem, so much so that I don’t even think about it.  Really looking forward to the daylight arriving sooner.  It can be tranquil moving around in the dark, but it can also be burdensome crossing over some sections of roads to avoid traffic.  

 Feeling like a weigh in was due I jumped on the scale an visualized 187 pounds.  That is robust and action has to be taken.  It is a discipline which avoids me.  Having always chowed down what I want does not work any longer.  For me it will become a math problem.  This means counting calories.  I’ve set the current line at 2400 calories.  Yesterday ended at 2300.

 There appears to be a sage strand of Warlock mice in the basement.  Sensing their presence I went with the true and tried mousetrap loaded with peanut butter.  For about 3 nights now they have found a way to clean off most of the bait without setting the damn trap off.  A couple weeks ago a pair of Northern mice under my sink posed no problem and were as we say, terminated with extreme prejudice.  

 It is a Wednesday today.  Tiredness is afoot.   After 3 cups of instant black coffee, I’ll sniff around and see about making an effort in the -14F temps.  Wind is low and as seasoned vets understand, that is the true nemesis.  It shall not be long before I live permanently again in Florida.  There is much to accomplish here prior to a move.  Somehow it will get done.  The running will not be as good in Florida.  Limited routes and through roads.  It will be an adventure none-the-less.



No comments:

Post a Comment