Thursday, January 27, 2022

Twinkle toes

 I fell down the hole and ate 4000 calories, which when I make ham and bean soup can happen.  I’ll make another attempt today to be on target.  Never expected it to be easy.  It can be difficult to climb inside your head and work on changing behavior.  No need to preach to myself on here.  I’ll weigh in on Saturday.  Crawford not feeling well, but we may get at least a 2 hour effort in that day.

 It was difficult not going out for a second run yesterday.  I’d rather tally up the miles regardless of how I feel.  Trust me I was tired and had a paint project (one of many) that needed finished.  My buddy Pski is coming over this morning to put in baseboards.  Pski is famous for using and introducing me to the Beck Plan.  An all your eggs in one basket approach to running your best marathon.  At least that is how I recall it being titled.  In our first attempt we finished 7th and 11th respectively at the Lakefront Marathon overall and then danced around like we made the Olympic team.  The one thing we both remember afterwards was how quickly we recovered afterwards.  I believe we even did a cooldown.  As a side note, one of the 19 people who have attached themselves to the blog is Kevin Beck.  A true honor.  I didn’t say he reads the blog, but with a solid following of 7 readers it’s not impossible.

 The one thing that hit home training with Pski on the Beck Plan was we reacted different to the training.  I tended to fair better on the fast stuff and he recovered much faster than myself for the following workouts.  On the bread and butter 10-12 mile runs Pski could grind my bones to make his bread.  If you ever get the gumption to try and run a marathon specifically for time then you need to look at this plan.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment