Saturday, March 16, 2019

Rin Tin Tin

3/10 AM = 6k walk with the dog
3/10 PM = 10k 54:36
3/11 = OFF
3/12 PM = 12k at 7:22 per mile
3/13 PM = 11k 63:03
3/14 AM = 8k 52:05
3/15 = OFF
3/16 AM = 24.2k 2:33:40 w/ Andy.  Felt like garbage
Total = 71.2k (44.2 miles)

That 12k on Tuesday felt stellar.  Was happy, as it was an out the door and get it done tempo.  Next day was super windy on the plains of Peru, IL, but I got a decent 11k in.  Next morning I was set to do 2 mile lightning on the t-mill, but it was busted, so I ran 8k easy into the pitch at 5:30am in the 20-25 mph winds in Peru.  Lack of coffee on Saturday probably enhanced the Dragnet debacle, but with Andy there it made it worth suffering.  I also fell and crashed into some water at 4 miles.  After a couple miles my feet started to thaw out so we kept on.  We registered 15 miles, so I'll try and get near that again tomorrow.

Picked up dog crap last night after the big thaw we had.  Record haul and my back was killing me from all the bending over and heavy cussing I laid out there.  Another dynamic I'm recognizing is the dog (Cookie) has increased laying down in areas where you almost have to see her.  Doorways, beside the bed, top, bottom, and middle landing of the steps.  Right by the bathroom when you get up in the middle of the night and practically have to (or do) step on her.  Not sure what the deal is, but even the wife has noticed the attention grab.  I know it is spring fever to a large degree, but the see me, acknowledge me, walk me, feed me, water me, turn that TV show off is annoying, but at times comical.  She'd walk 14 times a day if one had the gumption to do it.  The level never goes down.  The more you take her the more she wants.

I'm amazed at her zero fear of other dogs.  I live out in the country, but there are about 65 homes here.  Yesterday my wife says who's dogs are these?  One is like a bull dog mix and the other is a mutt of the same size.  I charge out the door and jump them and before I clear the threshold and unbeknownst to me Cookie blasts past me full tilt.  She only has a half a head of teeth yet this if you and blastin', you ain't lastin' full tilt boogey mind set blows me away.  No let up until those rouge intruders were a couple back yards away.  Not sure how the dog signaling works, but I occasionally am out running/walking her (on a leash) and some dogs come out from their yard and it is no big deal.  Other times they are suddenly at it and she always gets the first face punch in.  Again, I try and get the dogs away, but out here people's dogs are off collar obviously because they are a quarter and half mile between spreads.  She's 50 pounds wet.  The wife vacuums about 5 pounds up of dog hair a week.  Good times.  Not sure I would get another dog, but it will feel empty here when she is not around.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment