Saturday, February 20, 2021

5:46:02

The John Dick 50k was a couple weeks ago. It was -5F at the start. Trails were decent for this event. I signed up for the regular time which asked for a 6 hour or less finish time. It was a 5 looper and I carried little, opting to hit the truck every loop and then check in. I was hoping for about 1:10 on the first loop and that's what I hit. I started mixing it up with a couple guys. Kept trash talk to minimum for obvious reasons. The second loop was 1:06 and feeling okay I went with it. The third loop was another 1:06 so I kept on trucking big momma style. Started bone chipping a bit on the 4th loop and hit 1:11:30. Legs were sore and I was gassing a bit as the trails suffered up top from some snow mobile action. Shotgunned a coke and grabbed a touch of grub before setting out. There is no one near me. Started feeling well again on this last loop, but the sands of time meant nothing at this point so I twinkle toed the last loop in 1:12:30ish. Enjoyed some chili and talking to a few regulars. The course was slower than last year, but all in all not a bad day. Not sure what is next. For now it is good to get out most everyday and take what I am given. Have no confidence Ice Age 50 miler will go off in May, so maybe an evaluation is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment