Sunday, April 4, 2021

I know you dude

 Lit out today in shorts and a hood jersey.  Wanted to get in 2 hours.  Started out along the big muddy and angled her over towards Monches.  The sand hill cranes are out in full force.  So many of them now.  Things are super loud.  Busted a left into Loew Lake and picked up the trail.  It was so nice I went out and circled the stoney batter.  I put up over Emerald, hammering away the 11:00 minute miles.  Very few people out today.  Well...the dog folks are dedicated.   Saw more dogs than folks.  Picked up the Ice Age trail and continued to take it all in.  What issues I may or may not have had at the start seemed pointless by now.  My brain was covered in velvet.  I was tired, but I had slipped into a brief moment of unconscious freedom of movement.  This zone is rare and and attempt was made not to ruin it by charging of as into battle.  That’s a different plateau.  I’m no shaman, nor the son of a shaman, but I just got up on those big shoulders and rode her in for 13 today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment