Monday, August 17, 2026

Not hardly

 5.0 @ 12:25 pace on roads.  Felt heavy legs at first, but  the run started smoothing out.  A benefit of running every day.  You pick up on the subtle messages of when to hang in there.  I enjoy managing the effort.  Years ago when I was able to get higher mileage in without taking so long, you knew if you stayed out there that eventually you could find a hotspot.  That’s why I was partly not interested in back to back long runs.  I’m already in that mode and I could just bury myself for a week doing that.  This is how I account for that.  I was always a believer in the collapse point theory.  If you average 10 a day for an extended period of time then the number would be 30 miles.  If you add the occasional long runs, and either go slow or add walking you extend the number.  In marathoning I could only train to 23 miles no matter what I did when racing.  The last 3 miles are on you.  Same with a 50-mile.  If you’re going for time then you have to figure out the last 10 miles yourself.  It can get pretty grim out there.

Stand aside!  Can’t you see what got the damn ballgame on here?

No comments:

Post a Comment