Tuesday, August 4, 2026

We can rebuild him

 4.5 @ 12:37 pace on bike trail.  It was as it should be.  Each proceeding mile was faster.  It’s still going to take a while for that to become consistent.

Last week I hit 52 miles.  30.6 of jogging and 21.4 of walking.  Again…I walk around a mile after the run and take numerous small walks throughout the day to stay limber.  Otherwise (I drive a lot) I am stiff.

It’s so hard to run conservative for a long period of time at Ice Age.  I remember coming through the first loop with Max Harn (1:48 800m Whitewater?) one year.  It was his first one.  After that he disappeared into the ether.  I remember him crashing hard later on.  I’ve done the same thing numerous times.

In fact everyone should storm the gates now and then.  How else do you learn and adjust?

No comments:

Post a Comment