Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting close

Just realized there is only about a moth left to train for Voyageur.  Going on vacation for 9 days soon, so I am going to have to try and set a daily goal of at least an hour in the morning.  Hopefully I can sneak in a couple 2 hour affairs.  Did quite a few long runs for Ice Age, so trusting I can sneak by with less of those, but have a larger weekly base.  The heat training seems to be working.  This is my first attempt at this manuver.  Plenty of things wiped me out there last year, but I think this may be one less thing I have to deal with so much.  I just want to stay fluid.  Know that I understand the course, I can sit back and let it come to me.

I am going to try and run every day for the next month.  Get 30+ on the weekend, sandwich a medium long run in the middle of the week, and plan to be at 65+ a week.  I can't do hills or speed without compromising the rest of the week, so just miles in the heat and rely on experience for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment