Sunday, April 29, 2012

...but so is Lola

I changed gears this year for Ice Age and decided to try and air one out at the Bear Trax 20k.  I seldom race, so I figured since it was on trails I run on it would be a great tune-up.  It is a challenging course with plenty of hills and was supremely marked by Robert. 

I just charged out and was surprised I had settled into 3rd place by the 1st kilometer.  I just kept pushing and after about 7-8k didn't see anyone behind me.  Perhaps I should have kept better track because suddenly at 18k a guy who I have finished within 1-2 spots over 10 years was on me.  I kept clost to 19k, but Ted Shue was way too much for me over the last 1k putting 17 seconds on me.  Man did he look good doing it.  I finished 4th in 1:24:03 and was happy with that.  My goal was to go under 1:25.

I'll just hobby jog around the next two weeks and see what the 50 mile has in store.  I'm glad I did it because I learned a few things. 

1 comment: