Sunday, April 14, 2019

I don’t even have a garage

Not a lot to report.  Took Monday and Tuesday as zeroes.  Put 3 in at 7:19 pace on the mill Wednesday and a 10k easy with the boys Thursday.  Friday was another day off.  Saturday was 25.2k at a good clip (for me) that was half road and trail.  It was not fast, but I did feel the effort afterwards.  Sunday I banked 22.7k easy at Lapham.  Thirteen k of that with Ice Age legend Clement Grum.  Not many fellas walking the earth with a sub 6 hour on that course!  Thanks for the effort Clem.

A lower mileage week at about 41 miles, but some good hoofing in there.  I’ll get a good midweek tempo in and then a longer run on Friday.  Hopefully 25-30 miles down on the course.  I actually may skip going down as it is a minimum 1:40 driving round trip.  We are driving to Florida the next day for a badly needed full week+ get away.  Time to investigate the next chapter of life a bit.  We lived there before.  Might go back.  When you look outside now an snow is covering the ground again it gets old.  Florida has a ton of stuff I don’t personally endorse, but as warm weather states go it is not the worst.

I’ll spend the last 3 weeks sharpening up and resting.  I still like all this running, but I’m going to have to re-evaluate.  Honestly, I don’t have the same amount of juice any longer and other aspects of life (perceived) don’t seem to get easier.  Again, read anyone else’s blog who is 10 years on either side of me and it will say the same.  Hoping to drop out of the rat race in the next 2-3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment