Friday, April 19, 2019

Fire at will

Finally I have an eleven day stretch of days off.  I’m going to try hard to overlook work email and calls.  Futuristically the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter.  The thought of not going to work in its present form rings loudly.  As in running, there comes a time when the dreams fade away.  Motoring around in a straight six is okay, but taking the world on in a 4 cylinder is tiresome.  In both realms, the prospect of pushing out to sea seems so right.

This is the last big weekend to get any miles in before Ice Age.  As much as I can’t wait to start the race the zeal to train is waning.  It’s 7:20am and I’m still typing this on my phone.  I want to run, but am pretty sure I’ll just trot around here for about 3 hours and maybe close to that tomorrow.  At noon tomorrow, the wife and I are driving to Florida.  Part of that effort is to consider permanent residence at some point.  We lived there in the past.  I thought we’d never go back, but it is a big state.  We’ve studied and visited Arizona, but we aren’t feeling that.

Honestly the plan in my head is to thin most everything out.  Toss all the crap out.  I’m not a minimalist at heart, but seeing what those ahead of me have stockpiled appears to be a burden.  You might not think you have much, but if you look around you do.  Same for running.  Get up and run an hour.  Done.  Maybe get a 2 hour effort in on the weekend with someone.  Personally I am doing fine.  We just want to start the process now.  Why?  Because too many people seem to wait until it appears just right.  That’s a tough target to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment