Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Giants win the pennant

The year 2019 is in the books.  It is funny how over time one begins to look at how the way things are, were, and could be and discovers much of what goes down can be farcical.  I primarily keep to running because this is a blog about running.  Stay with me for a second as I just make a personal observation.  Is it because I'm actually older that about everything I am exposed to I'm finding a huge amount of bias being weaved in?  I process the info, pull out what my responsibility may be and move on.  I'm talking about everything from TV, work, community, running, interpersonal, sports, etc.  Hey I had a really enjoyable 2019 and I'm not trying to be negative at all.  I'm just now learning to listen and keep my thoughts in most cases to myself.  I find these three things the most challenging.


I've been a field guy at all levels for 35 years.  How about a few of you actually read or research what has been given to you, or is it "funner" to pull me off the road to point out were it is in the email.


How a simple request to grab your dog becomes a lecture on how Albert Schweitzer like your dog is.


Professional sports are almost a complete waste of time and serve no real purpose to me.


Okay that's not the big three I could really share, but these are good enough for this blog.


I ran 2,658.0 miles in 2019 and December was my biggest month at 404.7 miles.  I think I had one bigger month in 1978.  Nothing sticks out in terms of performance other than I ran Al's Run 8k in the mid 33's.  That's good for me.  We had a shake up in who I ran with the most this year.  Dewey has been the number one wing man for about 5 straight years, but getting a hip replaced knocked him all the way down to second banana.


1. Tim = 43 (state champ)
2.  Dewey = 34 (crew of the decade)
3.  Robert = 16 (up and comer...primary nemesis)
4.  Andrea = 5 (legendary polar plunger)
4.  Tim L. = 5 (the flying Dutchman)
6.  Crawford = 4 (Ginger Rockstar...goal crusher)
7.  Arena = 3 (Ice Age master)
7.  Clem = 3 (Ice Age royalty of the first degree)
7.  Blanchard = 3 (running and car guru)
7.  Steve HK = 3 (speed demon...talent to spare)


Tim, Dewey, Robert, and Tim L all runs primarily at Menomonee Park.  I did not list the dog.  Of which I must sign off as it is time to get her out.


Last week was 100.4 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment