Thursday, May 5, 2022

Tight lines

 We have been in Florida for almost 2 weeks now and we are really enjoying it.  The wife has been working hard planting flowers, unloading boxes, and setting up services.  I’ve been assisting and still doing my regular job.  I skipped the run this morning and went for an hour kayak.  Just unbelievable scenery and peace of mind.  The same thought entered my head as it does when I’m running.  Where is everyone?  I did not see anyone else doing anything on the water.  I ran 13 miles on Sunday at Flying Eagle Preserve and saw a grand total of zero folks.  What?  Fine with me.  I kicked out a wild boar and he scampered off.  Caught a little push back from the wife who had to extract some tick’s, but it is that time of the year for that.

 Getting outside about 2 hours a day for moderate exercise is something I enjoy.  It is sad that many do not entertain the idea of doing this on a regular basis.  

 Talked with Grubby and he has been doing some hiking, biking, camping adventures for a few days at a time.  That is where I want to get to.  After the dust settles here I want to take my clunker kayak and go for an exploratory half-day fishing exploration.  I’ll be aiming at bringing back panfish to eat.  The current kayak sessions are intended for me to know where I’m at, get in kayak shape, and scout out places one could get out if needed to facilitate.  I have not found any of those yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment