Sunday, April 9, 2023

12:30 pace

 So the reality version of Ice Age is this.  After averaging 12:32 at the January trail 50k, it seems reasonable with the training to run the race as follows.  Jog .37 miles and walk .13 miles a good portion of the way.  I'd probably jog more the first 10 miles and probably walk more the last 10 miles.  This would yield a 10:25 finish time.  This is the format I should aim to try.  I have not finished strong the last 13 miles since 2018.  It would be best to conserve, practice patience, and if there was anything left then finish strong.

 What will probably happen is somewhere in the middle of yesterday's dream post and the reality version of today.  I'll run most of the first 10 and then practice the jog/walk strategy until I catch an occasional hot spot, meaning I will primarily run 2-3 mile segments at a time.  When I arrive at Emma with 9.7 to go it will be whatever is left.  I'm determined not to walk most of it so I need to cool the jets between 21.7 at Rice Lake until Horseman's at 37.  I believe this could get me around 10:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment