Friday, August 4, 2023

Crashing off the haul of the ship

 I'm banged up a bit.  Ignoring all the signs I soldiered on just in case I could come out the other side.  Remember the days when you ran far enough the stiffness, blood sugar, tiredness and even acute muscle fatigue could be rendered inconsequential?  We got the game on here Bro, stand aside.  And I'm not joking.

 Then one day it's gone.  Not in my mind though.  Sometimes I don't listen to my mind.  I'm twisted steel.  Big guys in two's, little guys in bunches.  So it looks like a couple days off.

 So I kayaked 4.1 miles today.  

 Blue Heron, Great Egret, Limpkin, Green Heron, Moorehen, White Ibis, Inhinga, Grackle, Whistling Duck, Sandhill Crane, and Crow.

 I also saw deer and about a 4 foot gator.  I am seeing about 1 gator per voyage.   

 Took the day off.  It's Friday and we are going to boat into town and have lunch.  This makes the wife happy.  Not sure I'm a boat guy.  I make fun of everyone whose boat stays docked pretty consistently.  Now I drive the school bus, meaning...well what it sounds like I mean.

 I spoke with my Aunt yesterday from PA.  I said I'll be 62 next month and then there was silence.  We both had to ponder this factoid in a perfectly legal and binding sense.  Suddenly that song by The Chambers Brothers was relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment