Monday, October 30, 2023

Vanity

 I am off work today and tomorrow.   For some reason there is an internal battle to monitor and respond as if I was not off.  Perhaps after 39 years this has become my condition.   What's worse is everything is easily available on one's iPhone. 

 Situations like these are like a habit you are trying to break.   Justification comes very easy to monitor work and step in and respond throughout the day.  I don't want to be this person any longer, but it is a drug.  A person should have the day off to recharge and clear up other items.  So I am turning off my iPhone. 

 I made a list to fill my day.  After the morning run the plan is to execute them.  The items range from paying bills and yard work, to going to the Library and filling up the propane tank.  There are 12 items.  One is listed as the Donna project.  This means I'll ask the wife what is the one chore she wants done.  

 There is a grand design behind this.  From learning how to stay busy when retired to escaping from the clutches of the new rat race.  I'm old enough to remember how things used to be.  I'm not asking the world to change.  I'm asking for me to change because this world is corrupt and I have a better hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment