Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mower Man

"How about that Mower Man one time?"  Recalling my Dad and the old CB days.  It was pretty entertaining stuff...and of course we had a scanner for all the emergency channels.

Tomorrow I return to the Glacial Trail 50k after 15 years.  There is no reason I put it off other than I used to run marathons in the fall.  I would like to give it a good go.  Hopefully the leaf cover isn't too deep.  If I can get in between 4:30 - 4:40 and not be busted up from a fall or two then I will have succeded. 

To go to Boston in 2016 I will need a qualifier to join my friends.  I would kind of like to get it out of the way.  I need a 3:30, but would prefer to run much faster.  That seems to be the way it goes.  If I am going to run one why not try and light the match.  The challenge is Madison is 11/9 and Philadelphia is 11/23.  Neither allows for optimum training.  I need some time to run fast, so I can break free from this butter bean shuffle I have going on.  I did run a 16 mile pace run to help a friend exactly 4 weeks ago and managed 7:07 pace.  I was estatic.  Problem is the pretzel logic is then applied to the situation.  Which goes like this...I might be able to go for 3:10, ah heck just try and drop a sherman engine into that pinto body and go for sub 3:00.  Don't lie to me, it always looks easier when you start writing it down.  I need to make a decision by next week, so for those who know me I will probably put it off to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment