Sunday, July 7, 2019

Angel Martin

Kayaked about 5 hours with several delays to toss the hook.  The wife and I were shutout.  Great day to get on the mighty Oconomowoc River and power our way up to Loew Lake.  Saw one person the stretch up and 34 on the way back.  Plus about 10 humans in line.  I thought we started late.  No matter twern’t no Grizz left anyway.

I did sneak in 12.1 kilometers at 5:20pm.  It was difficult the first half, but I loosened up the last half and got it in the bank to get in a 50 mile week.  Been some time since I pulled that feat off.  Ten minute miles is laying it down now-a-days.  The days of be good or be gone are a distant memory.  I think the main reason to getting out is to insure the parts still work.  My hip/back issue the past six months is not as bothersome now.  I gave up trying stretch it, get to the pain area, and strengthen the area.  Apparently all that did was aggravate the hell out of it.  Another example of just let stuff take care of itself.  Kind of like the PF.  I still wear the inserts when I’m in street shoes.  Otherwise I just walk around now, or throw another folded in half shoe liner in when I run and let it work out.  I tinker around with how much stuff I’ll throw in the shoes for a run.  Just sitting out on the porch here with dog and I have red, yellow, blue, and black ones laying around and drying up.  Good times.  So psyched to get back to work tomorrow.

So another thought about training and not getting into Big’s.  Maybe I’ll finally do that swan song 100 miler.  Either an official one or the fictitious Commando 100.  Again...not a guy who likes to go longer than 50 miles.  Ten hours is plenty long.  Thirty hours just seems like unnecessary punishment.  Not sure why people get fired up to do them.  That is a long way on foot.  Hats off to those who can consistently pull them off.

Anyway, time to watch the Rockford Files.  Good to have a bit of levity once-in-a-while.

No comments:

Post a Comment