Saturday, August 3, 2019

2019 Blog Hop Challenge

2019 Blog Hop Challenge Questions
1.  Who are you? If applicable, share anything you want about your cancer (type, stage, when diagnosed, whatever.) Share something about yourself such as where you live, the name of your blog and it’s “mission” (no links here, though, or you might end up in spam), a challenge you have faced or are facing now, or whatever you want.

Dave Dehart.  I have had Polycythemia Vera since 2002.  The name of my blog is How Far To The Barn.  It is primarily about running.  I live in WI with my wife Donna and my primary challenge is work.

 2.  Have you ever participated in a blog hop before?

No I have not.

 3.  What’s your favorite sort of blog post to write and/or read – personal story, informational, how to, controversial, political, opinion, rant or other?
 
I stick to running based blogs, though many people ramble about just about anything.  Running blogs (especially those geared towards long distances) can be full of useful tidbits.
 
 4.  Describe yourself in three words. Yes, just three!

Fallible, Hungry, Dependable

 5.  Name three of your favorite books from your youth (whatever age that means to you.) that had an impact on you.

My Side of the Mountain
Self-Made Olympian
The Deerslayer

 6.  What are you reading right now, or what’s on your to-read list for when you have time?

See You at the Terminus by Brian Frain

 7.  What’s your favorite dessert of all time?

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

 8.  Tell us about a special pet you have, had, or would like to have. (Never wanted a pet, that’s okay too.)

ET was a kitten my very young kids found.  That cat could kill any varmint and cut rabbits in half.  There was no daily limit.  And he lived among us like he was a normal being.

 9.  What’s something people don’t know about you and might be surprised to learn?

I like to watch birds.  I like to listen to them.

10.  Do you believe healthcare is a privilege or a right?

No

11.  What’s your favorite thing about blogging and/or reading blogs?

It is a great way to see that many of us are the same, but at the same time so much different.  Many running blogs have individuals taking on adventures I could never accomplish.  It motivates me.  To see people do incredible things somehow motivates me to get out and run my simple few miles a day.

12.  What’s something you really suck at?

Technology

13.  What’s something you’re pretty good at?

Mowing the grass. 

14.  How do you escape from cancer (or life in general) worries?

I'm just out pounding a few miles.  Looking for a little adventure here and there.  Last Saturday I was able to finish the Tosa Perimeter Run around the city of Wauwatosa with 9 others.  I  might sign up for a 12 hour run at the end of August.   

http://nancyspoint.com/

2 comments:

  1. Dave—it was great to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in my blog hop! Enjoyed reading your responses. Gotta say, I love chocolate cake with chocolate icing (though I always call it frosting) on top too! Happy blog hopping! And happy running, too!

    ReplyDelete