Saturday, August 31, 2019

Let me wear your coat

Well with about 7 weeks to Big’s Backyard I am 16th on the wait list.  With only 75 spots it does not look promising to get in.  However, with only 208 miles in July and 225 in August, I figured I better get motivated to train just in case.  So I signed up for the Glacial Trail 50 mile on October 13th so I have to train now.  I feel pretty good after a couple real low mileage weeks.  I am ready to put a few miles in and may get 80 in this week if I can get tomorrow’s miles in.

I have honestly been enjoying the run easy plan.  My back/hip hurts way less, the dog can power jog a bit with me, and I’m never totally spent as when one is airing it out.  The dog is good for about 2.5 miles with one drink stop.  I then circle back out for the final 15 minutes.  It also lets me get a second run in without wife feedback.  In fact I may be kinda earning some bonus pointage, but they are like the mallow cup or green stamp deal...you never get to use them.  You really just don’t go backwards, which is nice.

We have strongly settled on relocating to Florida when done here.  We lived there previously and left there on January 1, 1997.  Never thought I’d go back, but one thing is for sure, not going back to live in the WPB to Miami corridor.  That place is built out all the way to the Everglades.

No comments:

Post a Comment