Sunday, May 10, 2020

Two pounds of bacon and bread crumbs

About a month ago I took part in a virtual race.  How many complete 5 mile loops could one do in 12 hours.  I shot for 14 loops and managed 12.  It was a good experience.  It just was not my day.  Every time back you checked in on Zoom, took a picture of the watch face (for me) and emailed that in, and updated the information on the platform.  Then when acknowledged you headed back out.  My son helped so that saved time.  Those 12 loops took 10:49:42 in a time frame of 11:27.  I did not have enough time to complete another loop.  Dean and Clem came over on their bikes to check on me, and Robert who ran a 50k that morning came over and put in about 3 miles to see how I was doing.  It was good to have visitors for sure.  I was in the tank 25-40 miles into the thing.  It was very windy out, so I switched to running multiple out and backs were there was less wind.  The 20-25 mile winds gave me an ear ache that took a day or so to go away.  I forgot how painful those can be.

After a couple real easy weeks and slight pain I managed to get back to running again.  Last week I managed 57.9 and this week I hit 67.2.  Saturday, May 9th I was invited to run around Lake Geneva.  A beautiful run just short of 22 miles.  Joel, Christine, Robert and myself ran the complete shoreline route which literally goes through everyone's backyard.  The running surface changes for the most part every yard.  Concrete, patio circles, brick, stone, wood chips, etc.  Just outstanding lake homes, one after the other.  Then there are the impressive lake views.  I really enjoyed this adventure.  I timed it at 21.9 miles in 3:56:20.  Anytime we came to a complete stop I stopped my watch, but everything else was timed.  I'm guessing we walked no more than about a half mile or so, or at least me.  I did stop the watch when we walked up to the gas station in William's Bay.

Stop at Frank's for hot dogs.  Guy used to be 370 so he knows his way around a good dog.  He's half of that now.  His best time around the lake is 5:30.  Fries real good and not because we were half starved.  It snowed here Friday.  About 40 and rain right now.  I think my wife and I discuss everyday about when we are moving.  No matter.  Weren't no Grizz left anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment