Monday, December 21, 2020

Jimmy crack corn

Got out Sunday and kicked up some dirt with Dewey and Tim. Actually more snow than dirt. No need for the fire trucks to be on Devcon 3 as the 11.5 miles only averaged 11:58 per mile. The 2 time state champ has agreed to another year of running. Moves pretty good at 67. Dewey and I just try and gather the crumbs of wisdom that fall by the way side. Mostly discussed who played who on old TV shows. I think we even knew Florence Bush was the hair stylist on Leave it to Beaver and that Earl Hagen the Music Score for Andy Griffith. I chewed copenhagen so that was easy to remember. Especially when we called putting one in as an "Earl." After weeks of 72.8, 86.3, and 80.2 I ended this week at 55.6. Struggled this Monday AM as I averaged 12:15 per mile over the 6.3. That was w/o any walking. A bit more determined in the PM I covered 4.3 total with 4 x .35 miles in 2:41, 2:41, 2:33, and 2:31. It felt fast, but that is mile paces of 7:40, 7:40, 7:17, and 7:11. Stand aside. We can't risk another frontal assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment