Saturday, December 19, 2020

Motorhead

Did not feel a long effort today so the plan was to get at least 10.5 in. I plodded along out toward the back roads and actually saw a few people out weaving the magic. As I was cranking it up to a solid 11:50 pace I saw a guy up ahead wave and move steadily away from me. Motivated, I churned out a 3 mile tempo hitting 10:20, 10:02, and 9:15 miles. I grinned and finished 10.7 miles averaging 11:15. I definately need to lose 10 pounds. That starts today. I can't be the Larry Allen of distance running (reference to the retired Cowboys O-Line)and rumble along as smooth as a Chrysler Newport. Something needs to change, which is basically put the fork down. Damn. Let me see how this all goes. A new year is almost here so time for some wholesale changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment