Saturday, January 22, 2022

2021 tally

 2021 was a good year, though an Achilles problem limited the miles the final couple months.  I ended up with 2,911.2 miles for an average of a hair under 8 miles a day.  I had a decent effort at the John Dick 50k in February.  Ice Age was moved to September and as the temps rose into the 90s I was able to complete my 19th 50 miler there.  I finished up the year with another 50 mile finish at Glacial in October.  Both 50 mile efforts were very difficult the final 10-12 miles.  Though heat and humidity played a big part, there is no denying other forces are causing an erosion of my abilities to move over the earth at a pace slightly faster than a brisk walking pace.

 Below are the people I cruised the earth with.

Tim - 67 with the 2 time state champ

Dewey - 46 as a bum Achilles took him out.  Looking like he’s back in action in a couple months

Robert - 28 for Da Coach and classmate of Dewey ‘80.

Crawford - 13 for the former 3 time Ice Age champ who also battled injuries this year

Jeff - 13 makes a strong effort on the back end of 2021 as we torched the Monches segment of the Ice Age trail

Donna - 9 for the wife and first time on the list.  We walked some good miles out West 

Chef Mike - 8 tallies for Da Chef earlier in the year before other commitments curtailed availability 

Angela - 4 before she up and moved to Missoula.  What a beautiful area.

Clarky - 3 primarily from just running into him “out there”

Bartz - 3 enjoyable efforts mostly after a big event for him.  Otherwise his candle burns to bright for me

2022 will look completely different as we transition back to Florida in the next few months.  I’m retiring from my current job I started at in 1984.  It will be the wife, our 15 year old dog and the 2 Guinea Pigs making the break.  Come see an old man sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment